Introduction to Bhaktapur:
Located about 20 km east of Kathmandu in the Kathmandu Valley, Bhaktapur is known as the ‘City of Devotees’, the ‘City of Culture’, the ‘Living Heritage’, and ‘Nepal’s Cultural Gem’. It is one of the 3 royal cities in the Kathmandu Valley. The others are Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, and Patan.
Bhaktapur is filled with monuments, most terra-cotta with carved wood columns, palaces and temples with elaborate carvings, gilded roofs, open courtyards. The city is dotted with pagodas and religious shrines.
Lying along the ancient trade route between India and Tibet, Bhaktapur is surrounded by mountains and provides a magnificent view of the Himalayas.
Latest from News
**Enjoy Italy Favourite coffee LAVAZZA Coffee @Shiva’s Cafe Corner.
* *Festival of the month
– Dashain ( Vijaya Dashami) Nepal’s biggest & longest festival (1St Oct. to 12th Oct. 2016)
– Tihar(Dipawoli ) “Festival Of Lights” 29th Oct. to 1st Nov 2016
**Discount for the month..
Shiva Guest House 1 & 2
For lovers of ancient art, culture and craftsmanship, Bhaktapur needs no introduction. Second to know for its magnificent monuments and tradition-loving people, Bhaktapur has its gem in its Durbar Square, a world heritage site listed by UNESCO. Once the seat of Royalty during the Malla period (1200-1769 AD). The bricked paves palatial enclave encompasses, among others, a host of palaces, courtyards, temples and monasteries. In essence, the ambience here is such that you are instantly transported back by centuries the moment you step in its periphery. Here you will experience a lot yet may need someone who can unfold all its charms before you. Yes, you definitely need that, and that is Shiva Guest House, the oldest guest house in Bhaktapur.
Our Services and Facilities
- 25 well furnished and traditional build rooms with Suite, Standard and room with common bathroom.
- Restaurant on Ground floor
- Laundry service
- Free Safe deposit
- Free Luggage storage
- Doctors on call
- International phone facilities
- Mini Travel desk
- 24 hour hot and cold water
- Cultural show on request
- Free guest library
- Free Postal drop service
- Free Tourist Information
- Airport Drop and pick on Request
- Lavazza Italian best coffee outlet
- Breakfast available from 7:30 am onward in restaurant
- Possibility of a room with a king size bed or two size queen beds
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer on demand
- Iron on demand
- Free WIFI
- Guide tour on demand
- Foreign Money exchange at Hotel Premises
- Doctor on call
- ATM and Banks nearby
- Supermarket nearby